New larger sizes can give better value.Read More
How about a little Mother’s Day treat for yourself, no matter if you’re a Mom! Sweetly Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake and Tiramisu. Marie Morin Creme Brûlée, PetitPots Dark Chocolate French Pudding and NEW Lemon Curd French Pudding. And on the front row; local Olympia Blissful Wunders Truffles, Milk, Almond and Dark Chocolate.Read More
We’ve spent years looking for a clean Tartar Sauce. Finally Primal Kitchen has created one. They are one of the cleanest companies around. We felt pulled to give their Cocktail Sauce a try too. Goes beautifully with Avocados and dipping Artichokes, and feedback is that the Tartar Sauce is delicious.Read More
A big shout out to Johann Pool for getting our computer system up-to-date and running smoothly! Thanks to his know how our entire system is now updated to Windows 10 and the bookkeeping system is installed. Round 2 will be installation of the new POS software.
Thanks also to Michael of @Working Computers, Yelm, for building some of the new PCs now in the system.
That of course is done in the unseen, but there is something in the seen as well – check out the new big monitors at the checkout register.
They are easier for our cashiers to operate; they are adjustable in height and make it easier for customers to see their total sale amount.
The Win 10 part was especially important since Win 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft so any holes in the system would not be patched up. Those holes are the kinds of things malicious hackers like to exploit. So we are safe again!
We hope to continue to serve you as well as we can during these trying times! We appreciate your support and hope you will continue to let us help you with your grocery and wine purchasing decisions!Read More
In just a few minutes, you can have this Spicy Chicken and Broccoli on the dinner table, ready to eat!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 5 -6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium avocado, sliced for garnish
- 1 medium lemon, sliced for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the seasoning. Spread in a single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- On the second baking sheet, spread the broccoli in a single layer on one half of the baking sheet. To the second half, spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Roast both the chicken and vegetables at the same time in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with the sliced avocado and lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- 3tablespoons garlic powder
- 3tablespoons onion powder
- 3tablespoons paprika
- 1tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2tablespoons dried oregano
- 2tablespoons dried thyme
- 3tablespoons kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients. Place into a jar or airtight container to store at room temperature.
Thanks to Amanda Rettke-iamhomesteader.com for this wonderful recipe. Please visit her website (https://iamhomesteader.com/) for more delicious “homesteader-style recipes>Read More
Coming up, Valentines Day is just around the corner. We have some great chocolates and Anne has some wonderful Valentines Day wines. We also have some fun facial care and makeup, planet saving gifts, or how about some CBD!Read More
EDTA (Calcium disodium) is a chelating agent that can bind to, and render inactive, certain toxic metals in the body. These chelated trace minerals are then removed through the urinary tract. Arizona Natural EDTA is a great alternative to intravenous EDTA chelation therapy. Recent clinical trials at the NIH (National Institution of Health) show that EDTA may be a safe alternative for cardiovascular therapy.Read More
From pasture-raised cows. No corn, no grain, just grass. Maple Hill is America’s original grass-fed organic dairy and it’s all we’ll ever do. It’s so popular we brought in a larger size.Read More
Gabriel is sending us two makeup consultants on Wednesday December 18th. . Sign up at the cashier desk for a 15-20 minute consultation between 12pm and 3pm. You’ll also get 15% discount on your purchases. Those of us who’ve already had a makeover are thrilled with the results. Seattle based Gabriel uses organic ingredients and scores as one of the cleanest makeup brands on the Environmental Working Group website.Read More
Thanksgiving Shopping at the Co-op. We’ve got turkeys in smaller sizes and all the fixin’s, including organic stuffing, chestnuts for stuffing. Organic Fresh Celery, beans, sweet potatoes, potatoes, gravy, butter, cream, Organic Valley Eggnog and Organic grass fed Alexandre Eggnog. Pie shells, pumpkin purée, vanilla and chocolate pudding, Fresh cranberries and canned. Whipping cream, ice cream, sauces, spray whipped cream and Truwhip…….Read More